As part of a SQUARE ENIX® broadcast at the Tokyo Game Show 2021 Online, the company hosted a STRANGER OF PARADISE FINAL FANTASY ORIGIN™ panel where developers from Square Enix and KOEI TECMO’s Team NINJA discussed the new action RPG, gave viewers a sneak peek at multiplayer gameplay and shared that player feedback from a trial version launched at E3 is guiding some key development decisions as they work toward a March 18, 2022 launch. Additionally, the tea announced that fans can now pre-order the game here: https://www.square-enix-games.com/sopffo
Panelists Daisuke Inoue (Director, Square Enix), Hiroya Usuda (Director, Koei Tecmo Games), Nobumichi Kumabe (Director, Koei Tecmo Games) and Tetsuya Nomura (Creative Producer) thanked players for their support and participation, outlined the below key areas for improvement that were highlighted by survey respondents and confirmed that they will be included in the final version of the game. Players excited to sample a selection of these improvements can play the STRANGER OF PARADISE FINAL FANTASY ORIGIN TRIAL VERSION 2, which is available now on the PlayStation®5.
- Graphical Improvements – The team expressed their commitment to polishing and improving visuals ahead of release. Initial visual improvements are implemented in the currently available TRIAL VERSION 2.
- Dynamic Lighting – Gameplay footage shown during the broadcast highlighted the use of dynamic lighting, which will provide a more realistic and immersive gameplay experience in areas throughout the game.
- Combat Balancing – Adjustments to the ‘Lightbringer’ ability and tweaks to allies’ break gauge and MP recovery speeds are a few of the improvements implemented into TRIAL VERSION 2 to help create an exciting, high-risk high-reward battle system.
- Difficulty Level Adjustments – Players will be able to select from various difficulty levels which can suit their preferred playstyle: ‘Story’ for a more casual play experience, ‘Action’ for action-oriented gameplay, and ‘Hard” for those seeking a true challenge.
- AI Improvements – In addition to general improvements in AI combat for Jack’s allies, players can customize their teammates jobs, equipment and abilities, and can also utilize the ‘Resonance’ feature to boost the combat prowess of allies temporarily in battle.
- Framerate Improvements and 4K Rendering
The fully subtitled STRANGER OF PARADISE FINAL FANTASY ORIGIN TGS stream is available to view here: https://youtu.be/oBQED7f-u80?t=869
A deep dive on improvements discussed during the broadcast is also available on the SQUARE ENIX Blog: https://sqex.link/n39b
STRANGER OF PARADISE FINAL FANTASY ORIGIN TRIAL VERSION 2 is available now for free until October 11, 2021 7:59 a.m. (PDT) / 3:59 p.m. (BST) on the PlayStation®5. Players will be able to experience an expanded version of the previously released TRIAL VERSION 1 and provide feedback via a survey. The survey will be open from now through October 18, 2021 7:59 a.m. (PDT) / 3:59 p.m. (BST) and will be accessible from the menu screen of game.
TRIAL VERSION 2 allows players to explore the Refrin Wetlands alongside a new ally, experience new playstyles in battle with the addition of multiple new jobs, and fight against an array of new enemies. This will also be the first opportunity for players to sample the game’s multiplayer function, allowing up to three people to play together and battle monsters as an online party. A look at the online multiplayer function new to TRIAL VERSION 2 is available to view on the TGS SOPFFO stream.
STRANGER OF PARADISE FINAL FANTASY ORIGIN will be available on PS5™ and PS4™ on 18th March 2022. The title is currently available for pre-order—more details can be found here: https://www.square-enix-games.com/sopffo
Source: Press Release