Game publisher Athlon Games and developer SNK recently announced that PlayStation 4 version of Samurai Showdown will be launched worldwide.
Samurai Showdown coming this year
SNK and Athlon Games recently announced the official release window of the upcoming action fighting video game. It will be launched worldwide and will be available this year on June. There is still no specific day on its release.
The game will feature Japanese voice-overs and support for other languages for subtitles. The countries supported are English, Japanese, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Korean, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Pan-American Spanish, and Brazilian languages.
Unreal Engine 4 will be the game engine powering up this fighting game, which is a reboot of the original series. It will include 16 fighters, including 13 returning characters and three brand new ones. There will be additional characters, but it will be released as post-launch downloadable content.
Check out the overview below:
After more than a decade, Samurai Shodown is back! SNK is rebooting one of its most successful series, carrying on the legacy of past titles with a new game that retains the same thrilling battles of past titles in a graphically advanced package. Samurai Shodown’s gameplay is driven by the tense atmosphere of being one strike away from death, and the exhilaration of defeating an opponent with overwhelming power and attacks. Taking place between the events of the original game and Samurai Shodown V, the new game carries on the legacy of the one true weapon-based fighter.
- Exhilarating Weapons-Based Combat – Samurai Shodown carries on the legacy of the tense battles the series is known for, where players are always one strike away from death, and one powerful attack away from victory.
- Evolving the Presentation – Using the power of Unreal Engine 4, SNK is able to modernize the unique atmosphere and setting of past titles in a gorgeously artistic package that achieves a detail and graphical quality like never before.
- Unique Cast of Returning and New Warriors – Samurai Shodown welcomes back iconic characters from past iterations, including the swordsman Haohmaru, his rivals Ukyo and Genjuro, the shrine maiden Nakoruru, and fan-favorite Galford. The starting roster will include a total of 16 characters—13 veterans and three newcomers to the franchise.
- All New Gameplay – Carrying on some of the key fighting mechanics that made the series popular, such as the Rage Gauge, Rage Explosion, Sword Clash and more, Samurai Shodown will also include several new techniques, including a powerful, one-time use attack from each character called the Super Special Move.
- Revolutionary New AI System – Titled Dojo Mode, SNK has developed a proprietary AI system that learns from player patterns and creates a specific Ghost clone from that data. With this system, players can fight against their own Ghost or take on the Ghosts of top players in mock battles.
Individuals who are going to PAX East 2019 will be lucky enough to try it out with its hands-on. It will run from March 28 to 31 at the Boston Convention Center.
Check out the trailers below: