Game company Rockstar Games recently made a surprising announcement of a new update for the recently popular online mode Red Dead Online introducing a new gun.
Red Dead Online gets the Evans Repeater with new update
The new update for the beta online multiplayer mode introduces one of the most iconic guns in the previous game, Red Dead Redemption. This is the Evans Repeater, which is the highest grade repeating rifle ever turned out by B.D. and Co. It was also one of the favorite guns of John Marston from the previous title.
The Fool’s Gold free roam event is now live too. This allows players to compete against each other for a set of crude gold armor that offers the most protection. The catch was that it makes the player wearing it the priority target for everyone.
Check out the new Free Roam Events that were not previously announced:
- Cold Dead Hands: Fight for control over a target for the longest amount of time.
- Competitive Challenges: Compete to get the highest score in a given, randomly-selected challenge within a set time limit (currently includes Bow, Headshot, Horseback, Longarm, and Sidearm Kill Challenges).
- Dispatch Rider: Posses compete to be the first to deliver a horse to the assigned destination.
- King of the Castle: Compete to gain and maintain control of the castle area by staying alive inside of it – whoever controls the active area for the highest percentage of the event time wins.
- Master Archer: Compete to score the most points by hitting the most targets as accurately as you can within the time limit.
Players will also receive a care package of various ammo and items that can be picked up at the camp’s lockbox or any post office:
- 60x High Velocity Pistol Ammo
- 60x High Velocity Repeater Ammo
- 2x Fire Bottles
- 8x Fire Arrows
- 2x Jolly Jack’s
- 2x Potent Horse Medicine
- 1x Lake Lure
Lastly any player who is able to complete the five Daily Challenges starting today until March 11 will get the Special Spinner next week.
The full game is now available on PlayStation 4.
Source: Official Website