Game publisher Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and developer NetherRealm Studios finally reveal the official Shang Tsung gameplay for Mortal Kombat 11.
Mortal Kombat 11 Shang Tsung gameplay trailer details
The new trailer revealed Shang Tsung’s gameplay, which also showed his youthful form compared to his original old looks in the Krypt. He will be available via early access for Kombat Pack buyers on June 18. The rest can have him a week later.
Shang Tsung has his old moves like the multiple flaming skull projectiles, stealing souls and using their abilities, and seemingly using the forms of the classic ninja forms of the franchise like Rain, Ermac, Scorpion, Smoke, Sub Zero, Reptile, and Noob Saibot. His fatality is in the form of reviving Kintaro inside his opponents.
Aside from Shang Tsung, the game will include other new playable characters as well like Nightwolf, Sindel, and guest character and much anticipated Spawn. The trailer also teased two more Kombatants joining in, but it sounded like a chainsaw was buzzing in the background. It could be from a certain popular character from the Evil Dead franchise.
Check out the overview of each character included in the Kombat Pack below:
- Spawn – Todd McFarlane’s Spawn is one of the world’s best-selling and longest-running monthly comic books, with hundreds of millions of copies sold worldwide in more than 120 countries and 15 different languages. The Spawn comic book tells the story of Al Simmons, an elite government assassin who was betrayed and killed by the CIA. Instead of dying, he sells his soul to Hell for a second chance at life, and becomes Spawn, an unstoppable soldier fighting the underworld. Spawn is voiced by Keith David, the original voice actor from ‘Todd McFarlane’s Spawn,’ the Emmy award-winning HBO animated series.
- Shang Tsung – The soul-stealing sorcerer and historic host of the Mortal Kombat Tournament. Shang Tsung pledged his eternal loyalty to Shao Kahn in exchange for a dark power, but he is no faithful servant. He dreams of the day his sorcery will overtake Shao Kahn’s, and he’ll pay any price to get there. Actor Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa is lending his voice and likeness to the popular character he portrayed in the classic 1995 Mortal Kombat film. Additionally, Shang Tsung will be available for consumers to play before release during the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) from June 11 to 13 in the South Hall at the WB Games booth (#1023).
- Nightwolf – Formerly known as Grey Cloud, was chosen by the Great Spirit to become the Matoka’s champion and protector. Grey Cloud proved worthy when he laid down his life to prevent the Black Dragon from plundering what remained of his tribe’s sacred artifacts. As Nightwolf, Grey Cloud possesses extraordinary magic granted by the Great Spirit to fight for the Matoka’s future and defend all of Earthrealm.
- Sindel – The former Queen of Edenia and will stop at nothing to keep her place. Threatened with the loss of her throne when Shao Kahn conquered her realm, Sindel betrayed her husband, and her people, to keep her privileged position. Now, as Shao Kahn’s wife and Queen of Outworld, she enjoys power and wealth beyond most people’s imagination.
The whole Kombat Pack will include the following:
- Spawn will join the Mortal Kombat 11 roster as a new guest character, along with two other guest fighters to be confirmed at a later date.
- Three Klassic Kombatants return as DLC characters: Shang Tsung, Nightwolf, and Sindel.
- Character skin and gear sets for each downloadable content character.
- Bonus Johnny Cage Ninja Mime character skin and gear set.
- 18 bonus character skins for existing Mortal Kombat 11 characters.
- One-week early access for all content listed above.
The full game is already available on PlayStation 4.
Check out the awesome trailer below:
Official website here.