Superbrothers A/V Inc. and Pine Scented Software Ltd. are debuting their last trailer before the release of JETT: The Far Shore celebrating the game’s unique art and soundscapes. JETT: The Far Shore launches on October 5th at 12AM ET on PlayStation®5 and PlayStation®4 and is available for $29.99 USD.
In a new blog post on the PlayStation Blog, Creative Director of JETT: The Far Shore Craig D. Adams goes through the creative process behind the game’s opening hour as well as it’s segmented chapters: “The intent with this explicit segmentation is to create a design that feels finite and traversable, for people like me who have a need to plan their leisure time. I like to know what I’m in for, and what to strive towards. I’ve grown accustomed to being able to know the length of a book or a chapter, or an episode of television, or the general duration of a film, and I tend to appreciate having this information. For some people, having a rough outline in place might let them more easily relax into the experience.”
About JETT: The Far Shore: JETT: The Far Shore invites you on an interstellar trip to carve out a future for a people haunted by oblivion in this cinematic action adventure. As scout and ‘anchorite’ Mei, be the first to deploy to a mythic ocean planet. Take the helm of a ‘jett’ and explore a vast unknown – skim low over waves, roar up pristine coastlines and carve through otherworldly woods. Adapt to an intricate, systemic open world and persevere through adversity alongside an intimate ensemble in this story of courage, wonder and regret.
- EMBARK on an exploratory single player adventure presented in five captivating acts encompassing monumental moments, laid-back exploration, occasional white-knuckle action, moments of heartfelt companionship, and a helping of existential dread.
- SOAK in a sea of music and 3D sound, with a breathtaking score by Scntfc.
- DEPLOY to the surface of a mythic ocean planet: skim up undiscovered coastlines, inspect indigenous flora and fauna, adapt to new perils, and problem-solve tough obstacles using your jett’s array of scientific tools.
- INVESTIGATE the source of ‘the hymnwave’, an interstellar invitation that propelled a people to look beyond their troubled skies and across the sea of stars, for salvation
- RENDEZVOUS at ‘Ground Control’ and get to know fellow scouts in relaxed first-person sequences, as the scouts struggle together to “satisfy ‘Jao’s directives’” and acquit themselves with honor.
ENDURE hardships, evade pursuers and grapple with massive ‘kolos’ creatures by out-pacing or out-smarting adversaries and navigating hazards.
We were one of the lucky few who was able to review the game before its release. You can read up all about it here.