Indie developer Artisan Studios have released a brand new animated trailer for their upcoming JRPG Astria Ascending, this time focusing on the game’s lore and setting with an animated trailer. A digital collector’s edition was also announced, alongside a physical collector’s edition that will be available in Japan.
You can check out Astria Ascending trailer here:
The game is scheduled to launch on PlayStation 5 and 4 on September 30th 2021.
An epic adventure with the charm and pedigree of a classic JRPG, Astria Ascending tells an expansive story of fate, sacrifice and new beginnings. The game was developed over the course of three years by a team of ten developers at Artisan Studios, and boasts contributions from world-class JRPG developers, with a narrative written by Kazushige Nojima (Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy VII Remake), score by Hitoshi Sakimoto (Final Fantasy XII, Vagrant Story), and art from CyDesignation (Akihiko Yoshida and Hideo Minaba).
In a world where chaos looms, players take control of the Demigods – a motley crew of eight heroes charged with the fate of the world. Each character has their own story, explored across five cities, twenty-five dungeons and seventy hours of gameplay up to fifty for 100% completion. Along with the finely tuned turn-based combat, players can try out a range of side quests and mini-games, including an original fantasy-themed token game.
“The real stars of Astria Ascending are its world and characters,” said game director Julien Bourgeois. “That’s why we already wanted to give players a glimpse of what to expect and set the stage with this animated trailer. We can’t wait to finally let players explore the world of Astria Ascending when it launches at the end of this month.”
- Epic tales – Fight for the future while you reckon with the past; sacrifice everything, relinquish nothing. The story of Astria Ascending was developed in part by writer Kazushige Nojima, known for his work on Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy VII Remake.
- Living landscapes – Travel the world of Orcanon, a richly imagined and fully animated 2D landscape with five cities and a dynamic weather system.
- Unforgettable characters – Pick from eight customisable player characters spanning a range of fantastical races and skills, and assemble a diverse team of heroes.
- Rewarding combat – Work together to save the world, waging strategic turn-based battles using the innovative focus point system.
- A treat for the ears – With music and SFX from composer Hitoshi Sakimoto (Final Fantasy XII, Valkyria Chronicles), Astria Ascending is a heart-swelling joy to listen to.
Source: Press Release