Game company Square Enix recently revealed new information about the upcoming video game Chocobo’s Mystery Dungeon: Every Buddy! featuring the new changes.
Chocobo’s Mystery Dungeon: Every Buddy! new details
A recent live stream was held by Square Enix for the upcoming video game. It revealed some new information on removed and modified elements in the upcoming remaster. Check out the details below:
Main Changes from the DS and Wii Versions
- Pop-Up Duel (Removed) – “Pop-Up Duel” is a competitive card game that originally appeared in Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales. Players must progress through the story in order to collect cards, and those cards have no use in the main story outside of the card game. Properly balancing the card game and implementing it would take a considerable amount of work. Therefore, since Pop-Up Duel is not deeply tied to the main story, the decision was made to remove it and use those resources to focus on the game’s main story dungeons.
- Romantic Phrases (Removed) – “Romantic Phrases” is an element that was mainly used to obtain cards for Pop-Up Duel. As for the jobs and dungeons that could be acquired through Romantic Phrases, those can now be acquired elsewhere.
- Cid’s Adventure (Patched Up) – Unlike the main story, Cid’s Adventure (a new story added to the Japan-only DS remake) used a level reset system, which frustrated many players. Also, the complicated item management system between Cid and Chocobo has been patched up. The Cid’s Adventure element itself has been re-interpreted as part of the story, and new dungeons that can be challenged with the chocobos you raise have been implemented.
- Scenario adjustments and newly recorded voice-overs – While the story is based on the DS remake, some areas were difficult to understand and the character data is based on the Wii version, so there were parts that did not mesh. Also, since new lines were recorded for the newly added characters, the opportunity was used to also re-record the old voice-overs.
- New light and darkness attributes have been added, which correlate to each other.
- Seals and synthesis follow the rules defined in the DS version.
The game is expected to launch worldwide on PlayStation 4. It will be available on March 20.
Check out the whole livestream below: