Game publisher Dangen Entertainment and developer LABSworks recently released a second trailer for upcoming video game Astalon: Tears of the Earth.
Astalon: Tears of the Earth new trailer
The new trailer showcased the gameplay that players could expect from this upcoming video game. It has an old school feel to it with 2D 16 bit visuals and Castlevani-esque style. They could control different characters such as Arias the fighter, Algus the wizard, and Kyuli the rogue.
Check out the full overview below:
Three explorers wander through a post-apocalyptic desert to find a way to save the people in their village. A dark, twisted tower has been pushed up from the depths of the Earth… but does it hold the answers they seek?
Astalon: Tears Of The Earth is LABSworks’ love letter to the games of the 80s, but what may seem like a simple action platformer has several surprises under the hood!
Use the unique skills and personalities of three different characters to explore an evil tower. Defeat terrible monsters, find powerful items, and solve puzzles, reaching new heights in the tower with every attempt. Strengthen your party and change the rules by embracing death… and discover the countless secrets of the world of Astalon!
- Beautifully detailed and authentic-looking pixel art, inspired by the 8-bit era of video games
- Character art by Ryusuke Mita, creator of the manga Dragon Half
- A chiptune soundtrack by video game music group KILLSCREEN
- Hundreds of rooms – countless hours of challenging exploration await you!
- Collect a variety of magical items that will bestow your three characters with new abilities
The game will launch on PlayStation 4. It will due out sometime within this year.
Check out the trailer below: