Game publisher PQube and developer Wonderboy Bobi recently announced that Aggelos will be coming to the Sony console soon.
Aggelos for PS4 soon
This game is a Wonder Boy-inspired 2D action adventure game with wacky colors and old-school gameplay. The PlayStation 4 version was initially planned for release alongside the Nintendo hybrid console Switch, but was delayed to an unannounced date at first. This time around, a release date was revealed, which will be on July 12.
Check out the overview below:
Step through time and discover a mesmerizing new action-RPG that looks like it was plucked straight out of the 16-bit era, but plays like a modern-day marvel! Inspired by non-linear Japanese retro adventures such as Wonder Boy In Monster World, Aggelos hurls players into the middle of a colossal struggle for survival as beings from another dimension threaten to invade the peaceful Kingdom of Lumen. Bursting with secrets and side-quests, and boasting slick melee combat that any 2D action game would envy, Aggelos is the perfect combination of retro style and modern-day game design.
- A vast kingdom to explore – Venture through forests, seas, cave systems and ancient temples as you seek to uncover the magical elements needed to save the world from total annihilation.
- A classical non-linear adventure – Explore a sprawling world that gradually reveals itself, Metroidvania-style, as you gain new abilities and equipment.
- Deadly encounters – Thwart towering bosses and their tricky minions as you take on perilous mainline quests and optional odd-jobs for the people of Lumen.
- Tactical depth – Unlock magical abilities and high-level attacks, expertly chaining these immense powers together to clear screens of enemies in seconds.
- Stunning sprite art – Forget out-of-place modern art: Aggelos boasts superlative character designs and animations while remaining proudly, and faithfully, 16-bit through and through.
- Memorable chiptunes – Lose yourself to a retro-inspired soundtrack that floods the Kingdom of Lumen with life.