Adam Robinson-Yu has announced as part of today’s Wholesome Games showcase that A Short Hike, IGF’s 2020 Seumas McNally Grand Prize winner for Best Independent Game, will be arriving on PlayStation 4 and Xbox on November 16th for $7.99 USD. For the first time, players on PlayStation 4 Pro, PlayStation 5, Xbox One X and Series S|X, can experience the crisp pixels of A Short Hike in 4K!
A Short Hike currently has an Overwhelmingly Positive on Steam, sitting at 99% positive reviews of almost 7000 reviews.
The game takes around 1 to 2 hours to complete and around 4 to 5 to complete all the achievements/trophies.
About A Short HikeHike, climb, and soar through the peaceful mountainside landscapes of Hawk Peak Provincial Park. Follow the marked trails or explore the backcountry as you make your way to the summit. Along the way, meet other hikers, discover hidden treasures, and take in the world around you.
- Explore the island any way you like. Choose your own path to follow and see where it leads you. You never know what you might stumble into!
- Hike at your own pace — there’s no need to rush to the summit! Take your time fishing along the river banks or swimming by the lakeshore.
- Collect hidden treasures to reach new heights. Try taking a dive off the mountain peaks to soar above the forests.
- Chat with the other hikers you meet along your route. You might be able to help each other out!
- Listen to a lush original soundtrack by Mark Sparling that progresses dynamically as you explore the wilderness.
A Short Hike was developed by Adam Robinson-Yu with music composed by Mark Sparling. It first released as the Humble Original for the month of April 2019 with a full release coming out in July of that year on PC, and a Nintendo Switch version in August 2020.
For more information on A Short Hike, visit https://ashorthike.com/.
Find it on PlayStation Store.
Source: Press Release