The recently announced video game Trials of Mana gets more information revealing that it will have a lot of action compared to the previous ones.
Trials of Mana new notable tidbits revealed
The upcoming video game was discussed recently by the developers in an interview with Famitsu at E3 2019.
Check out the important details below:
- The project began moving around two years ago.
- Unlike Secret of Mana, the reason we are making a significantly bolder remake with this game is because this title was never released overseas, so we hope to introduce it as a completely new title.
- Trials of Mana is one of the conclusions we arrived at through trial and error while listening to the feedback from [the remake of] Secret of Mana. Early in development, we created a prototype that was even closer to the original game, but as a remake after 25 years we were not satisfied with that.
- The original concept of the Mana series was something along the lines of, “seamlessly play the Final Fantasy series’ ATB battle system.” We called what we ended up with “motion battle,” we weren’t saying it was an action RPG at that time.
- In Secret of Mana, you were able to fight while changing weapons, but since your weapons were fixed in Trials of Mana, we heard from users that was no good, so with the remake we wanted to fix that.
- Elements such as combos and jump attacks have been implemented in the remake. It’s being made so you can really enjoy the action parts.
- While this is probably the most action-heavy game in the series, it is an action RPG through and through, so you enjoy the game even if you’re not good at it so long as you level up.
- Since action performance differs based on the character, your experience with the game will change based on who you’re playing as.
- There is no multiplayer.
- Event scenes are pretty much fully voiced. 30-plus characters all have proper voices.
- The voice cast will be announced at a later date, but we can say with 100 percent certainty that the voice cast won’t damage the characters’ images.
- There is a lot that we still can’t say, so fans and non-fans alike please look forward to hearing more.
The game will launch on PlayStation 4. It is planned to release in early 2020.