Game publisher 505 Games and developer ArtPlay recently released new gameplay demo videos for upcoming video game Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night.
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night demo details
The new videos actually showcase what to expect in the final product release for the video game. This was shown first in private at PAX East 2019 in late March and EGX Rezzed 2019 in early April.
The footages reveal a new area called The Tower of the Twin Dragons. This will include new enemies, weapons, costume accessories, updated graphics and lighting, a boss fight, and a new full orchestra soundtrack set composed by the renowned Michiru Yamane.
Check out the overview below:
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is a gothic horror action side-scrolling RPG set in 19th century England. A paranormal force has summoned a demon-infested castle, revealing crystal shards infused with tremendous magical power.
Play as Miriam, an orphan scarred by an alchemist’s curse which slowly crystallizes her body. To save humanity, and herself in the process, Miriam must fight through the castle and defeat the summoner, Gebel.
Collect, craft and unlock a vast array of weapons, equipment and loot to defeat the countless minions and bosses of hell that await!
- Igavania Spiritual Successor – Koji Igarashi, one of the renowned godfathers of the genre, is creating a new, modern side scrolling action RPG experience that will satisfy long time Castlevania fans.
- Vast and Deep Gameplay – Unlock spells and powers, find, craft and upgrade several types of weapons and special items to change Miriam’s appearance, mix and match gear and abilities to find your playstyle.
- High Fidelity 2.5 Graphics – Everything in Bloodstained is rendered in loving 3D detail on a 2D side scrolling environment that changes and evolves as you play.
- Lots of Ways to Play – With several online and offline modes like Boss Rush, Speed Run, Classic, Nightmare, and Roguelike mode, Bloodstained has unparalleled replay value found nowhere else in the genre.
- Orchestral Music by Industry Legends – With music by Michiru Yamane and Ippo Yamada, respectively, veterans of the Castlevania Franchise and Capcom brand, Bloodstained’s music is an unforgettable experience.
- Iga’s Biggest Castle – Bloodstained’s game world is the biggest of Koji Igarashi’s entire career, with a map size almost two-times as big as Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.
- Multiple Characters to Choose From –Aside from the enigmatic Miriam there are secret playable characters awaiting discovery.
The game is expected to launch this coming summer. It will be available on PlayStation 4.
Check out the gameplay demos courtesy of Gematsu: