Game publisher Modus Games and developer Frozenbyte recently announced that upcoming video game Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince will launch this year.
Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince coming this fall
The fourth title of the Trine series will launch together with the newly announced Trine: Ultimate Collection. The former will be available both physically and digitally for PlayStation 4 with a price tag of $29.99. The Ultimate Collection will also have the same versions with the same console for $49.99. The latter will include all four Trine games, which is a really great package.
Here is the overview of the fourth game:
The most complete Trine ever created!
Trine returns in 2.5D! The three heroes of the best-selling adventure series are back, sent on a quest to retrieve the troubled young Prince Selius. Amadeus the Wizard, Pontius the Knight, and Zoya the Thief are joined together once again on a thrilling quest through fantastical fairytale landscapes teeming with danger.
Prince Selius suffers from intensely dark dreams and due to his magical talents, monstrous nightmares are able to slip into reality and wreak havoc on the waking world. Amadeus, Pontius, and Zoya must find the afflicted prince and resolve the desperate situation before the world is engulfed by the Nightmare Prince’s shadows.
Trine 4 reaches new heights in the series, bringing the most complete gameplay experience ever to fans and new players alike!
- Gorgeous, 2.5D landscapes. Explore uniquely designed levels in beautiful, 2.5 dimensions, from breathtaking ruins and haunted tombs to tranquil birch groves and blueberry forests.
- Local and online multiplayer. Play with up to four players online or in local co-op.
- Captivating storytelling. Follow the story of a haunted prince as you journey through magical fairytale landscapes inhabited by friendly creatures, as well as a host of nightmarish foes.
- Dynamic puzzle-solving. Solve puzzles – solo or with friends – that feature fire, air, light, magnets, electricity and more, with challenges tailored to the number of players.
- Abundant skill trees. Unlock diverse abilities and amazing new skills.
- Completely revamped combat system. Experience the heroes’ own bloodcurdling nightmares in boss fights featuring an enriched combat system with fresh challenges and thrilling action!
- Enchanting soundtrack. Enjoy a wondrous soundtrack with songs that bring life to each new environment.
Consumers who buy the game at retail will receive:
- The video game copy
- Physical world map
- Pre-order the game at select retailers to get a cloth poster and bonus in-game content!
Check out the trailer below:
Source: Official Website